Kalasa - Murudeshwara - Jogfalls - Shivamogga Tour Package (04N/05D)
Package Name: Kalasa - Murudeshwara - Jogfalls - Shivamogga Tour Package
Duration: 04 Nights and 05 Days
Places covered: Belur, Kalasa, Horanadu, Murudeshwara, Jogfalls and Shivamogga
Transporatation: Exclusive A/c Cab
Day 01 : Bangalore - Belur - Kalasa
Our representative will welcome you at Bangalore drive to Belur
, which is located on the banks of the River Yagachi, a star shaped temple with hand lathe-turned filigreed pillars and sculptures will take your breath away. The temple, perched on a star shaped base amidst lawns, is a sculptural extravaganza and one of the finest examples of Hoysala workmanship. Visit this beautiful temple and then drive to Kalasa
, a small scenic town situated in the Western Ghats of Chikmagalur district and blessed by nature with beautiful hills, rivers, valleys, viewpoints, waterfalls, forests, coffee/tea estates, temples, etc. Kalasa is one of the important shooting destinations of Karnataka and many south Indian movies are shot at this beautiful heaven on the earth. On arrival at Kalasa, check in to the hotel and then visit Kalaseshwara Temple
is situated in Kalasa on the banks of Bhadra River. The Shiva linga present here has been installed by Sage Agasthya himself along with the silver dome. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02 : Kalasa Sightseeing (OFF road Jeep drive)
Morning after breakfast at 8.30 AM, and OFF road Jeep drive (on direct payment basis)
sightseeing at Kalasa, visit the following places Kyatanamakki
- hill station with a spectacular landscape located near Horanadu and fully off road route 4x4 jeeps plays around the hill base to top and offers a superb scenic beauty at top of the hill and nearby hills are breath-taking. Then visit to Ambathirtha
- one of the beautiful and stunning spots located amid tranquility of the thick forest. The river is dotted with black rocks that jut out forming a landscape of assorted shapes and sizes. Many Kannada movies have been shot at this beautiful place. From here, you can enjoy awesome views of Anebetta (Elephant Hill) looming on the horizon.
Enjoy the beauty and play in the water (only if the water flow is slow
). However, be careful when entering the water because there are whirlpools and strong undercurrents that can wash you away. Then proceed to the Hanging Bridge
, a beautiful Hanging Bridge is built across River Bhadra. Then drive to Abragudige Waterfalls
(OPTIONAL AND ONLY DURING MONSOON SEASON), a beautiful waterfall located at a distance of 10 Km from Kalasa. This beautiful waterfall is located in a private estate and in a scenic place. Here you can enjoy the beauty of the place and also you play in the waterfall. After enjoying in the waterfall.
Finally, proceed to Hallimane House
(Halli means Village
and Mane means House
), a 210 year old well maintained house located 4 Km from Horanadu. The Hallimane family is well known in Kalasa. There is a shop beside Hallimane house where you can pick up coffee, tea, honey and pain-relieving healing oils here. Here you can have a Special Natural drink on direct payment basis (a combination of soda with 6 masalas and 18 herbs). Evening, drive to Horanadu
. Horanadu is a place of enchanting natural landscape in Chikmagalur district. First visit Horanadu View Point, where you have beautiful view of Horanadu and surrounding hills. Then visit ancient temple of the goddess Annapoorneshwari here has been restored and renamed the Adi – Shaktyatmaka Shree Annapoorneshwari
. The main deity of Annapoorneshwari is made of gold. It is said that a person who seeks the blessings of Goddess would never have any scarcity for food in life. Get the divine blessings of Goddess Annapoorneshwari. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 : Kalasa - Murudeshwara
Morning, after the breakfast, check out the hotel and visit Anegudde Vinayaka Temple
- located in Kumbhashi 9 Km from Udupi. It is dedicated to Lord Ganesha and one of the seven Mukti places of Karnataka. Then drive to Maravanthe Beach
- a hidden gem as far as beach destinations in India are concerned. Maravanthe has the Arabian Sea to its right and the Sauparnika River on its left adding a different charm to it. Take in the picturesque views and enjoy the beauty of this Virgin beach. Then visit Ottinene beach
is a scenic beach in coastal Karnataka, popular because of an elevated cliff that offers captivating views of the beach below. The shallow beach area, with hills in one corner is safe, scenic and photogenic. There is Kshitija Nesara dhama - a small park overlooking Ottinene beach. Then drive to Murudeshwara
- a beach destination lies along the Arabian Sea in Uttara Kannada district. Murudeshwara is another name of the Hindu god, Lord Shiva as this place is a popular pilgrimage site. Murudeshwar is also popular for the world's second-tallest Shiva statue (123 feet). On arrival at Murudeshwara, check in to the hotel and then visit the temple and then play in the mighty sea waters splashing against the surface of the beach or go for water sports and other activities. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 : Murudeshwara - Jogfalls - Shivamogga
After breakfast, checkout the hotel and proceed to Idagunji
- a small temple village located in Honnavar Taluk. The main attraction of this place is 1500 years old temple dedicated to Lord Ganapathi. The central icon of the Lord Ganapathi is in dvibhuja style and dates to 4-5th century CE. Then drive to Jogfalls
, the pride of Karnataka making it the second-highest plunge waterfall in India. The Sharavathi river takes a spectacular leap at a height of 292 meters falls in four distinct waterfalls - Raja, Rani, Rocket and Roarer
- to form the fifth highest waterfall in Asia. Located the midst of scenic beauty jogfalls attracts the tourist much. On arrival at Jogfalls, relax and enjoy the beauty of Jog. Then drive to Shivamogga
. Enroute, if time permits, visit Tyavarekoppa Lion and Tiger Safari
near Shivamogga. This is a beautiful and popular nature and wildlife destination where you can see Lions, Tigers, cheetahs, bears and other wild life animals roam around in the deep forests freely. (This safari will be open from 9 AM to 5 PM every day except Tuesday). The safari is stretch around an area of 200 Hectares of dense forest. On arrival at Shivamogga, check in to the hotel. Evening, proceed to visit Koodli
where River Tunga and River Bhadra merges and flows together as River Tungabhadra. There are two mutts in Koodli. One is Shankara mutt (Advaita Philosophy) and the other being Akshobhya Thirtha Mutt (Dvaita Philosophy). This place also houses beautiful Hoysala times temples dedicated to Rameshwara and Narasimha. Return to the hotel and overnight stay at hotel.
Day 05 : Shivamogga - Sakrebailu Elephant Camp - Bangalore
Morning after breakfast, check out the hotel, and drive to Sakrebailu Elephant Camp
, where number of elephants will be trained by experienced Mahouts. Elephants from the nearby forests arrives this place to take bath, have snacks and play in the Backwaters of River Tunga before they go back to the forest. It is an amazing experience to see the elephants playing in water especially for kids. Then drive to Bangalore. On arrival at Bangalore, you will be transferred to Bangalore and drop at a designated point in Bangalore. Trip ends with the delightful memories of Kalasa - Murudeshwara - Jogfalls - Shivamogga Tour Package